Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Algeria head coach, Madjid Bougherra, said on Monday that his side are approaching Tuesday's 2022 African Nations Championship Group A clash against Ethiopia as a "final".
South Africa is one of the hardest-hit countries in Africa with over 740,000 infections.
The country recorded 60 more virus-related deaths on Wednesday, bringing the death toll to 20,011.
President Cyril Ramaphosa has warned the nation that, although the country has endured a lot, the Covid-19 pandemic is far from over.
By Stacy M. Brown, NNPA Newswire Senior National Correspondent Medical and scientific experts have sounded the alarm, wanting people to understand that COVID is not the flu or a common cold, and recovery may not be permanent. According to a new study, 20 percent of recovering coronavirus patients develop some form of mental illness within 90 days. Researchers at Oxford University in Great Britain noted that first-time diagnosis of anxiety, depression, and insomnia increased two-fold in patients after they’ve recovered from COVID. Further, they discovered that COVID survivors also found significantly higher risks of dementia. “People have been worried that […]
The post New Study Suggests COVID Patients More Susceptible to Mental Illness appeared first on Black News Channel.
By SHAME MAKOSHORI DUBAI-HEADQUARTERED airline, Emirates said on Monday it had reviewed fares on the Dubai-Lusaka-Harare route as part of efforts to recapture a market that had been grounded by COVID-19-induced lockdowns. The airline became one of the first major carriers to reintroduce frequencies into Harare last month, following six months of a blanket stoppage enforced by governments’ worldwide lockdowns to contain the spread of COVID-19. The only international airline connecting Harare to the rest of the world through its Dubai hub, Emirates kicked off with only two weekly frequencies, instead of its usual seven weekly flights. But on November 6, the airline scaled up its flights to three times a week after more governments lifted most lockdown restrictions to rebuild economies. Emirates said its expanded schedule would offer better connectivity for travellers in Zimbabwe and Zambia to Emirates’ extensive network that connects passengers to about 100 destinations. Emirates said it had introduced special fares on the route. “Emirates is giving travellers from Zimbabwe the opportunity to fly better to Dubai with a special offer for business class and economy class passengers,” the airline said in a statement. “Travellers from Zimbabwe planning a trip to Dubai can enjoy special fares on travel, in addition to excess baggage. Return fares in economy class starting from US$500 will include an additional piece of baggage and business class fares starting from US$2 215 will include an additional piece of baggage. Fares and extra baggage will help travellers from Harare make the best of their Dubai holiday so they can shop and pack, stress free,” the statement noted. This week’s developments dovetailed with Zimbabwe’s strategy to rebuild its multi-million-dollar tourism industry, which had been grounded by the closure of hotels and other facilities since March. Last month, government said tourist resorts could return to business, but they would operate under guidelines issued by the World Health Organisation to manage the spread of the disease. Like many economies worldwide, the stoppage of domestic and international flights dealt a huge blow to the sector, which lost $1 billion in potential revenue as result of lockdowns. Hospitality Association of Zimbabwe president Clive Chinwada recently said the sector was facing its greatest threat in history after operators ran into serious financial dire straits due to a slowdown in arrivals. The Tourism Business Council of Zimbabwe has estimated that the industry will decline by up to 97% this year as a result of losses stemming out of the pandemic. It said recovery of the industry would hinge on how the domestic tourism sector will respond in the aftermath of the pandemic. “(We have lost) in excess of $1 billion when you aggregate the contribution of our industry to national gross domestic product,” Chinwada said. “If you talk to the major poultry farmers, you will understand they have struggled for demand in the past five months because fast food outlets, restaurants and hote
Drink Up: These Are The 50 Best Bars In The World For 2020
How I learned to break through the green wall
Continue reading on ZORA »
FOLLOWING THE announcement of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine, and speculation on the logistics and priority order...
The post COVID vaccine for children: To immunise or not to immunise? appeared first on Voice Online.
By JON GAMBRELL Associated Press DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Bahrain's Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, one of the world's longest-serving prime ministers who led his island nation's government for decades and survived the 2011 Arab Spring protests that demanded his ouster over corruption allegations, died on Wednesday. He was 84. Bahrain's state-run news agency announced his death, saying he had been receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic in the United States, without elaborating. The Mayo Clinic declined to comment. Prince Khalifa's power and wealth could be seen everywhere in this small nation off the coast of Saudi […]
The post Bahrain's long-serving prime minister dies at age 84 appeared first on Black News Channel.
Kaylin Tran imagined her first year at UCLA after transferring from Pasadena City College as kind of like a coming of age movie: She’d join clubs, make lifelong friends and pore over books in the university’s iconic library. Instead, thanks to the pandemic, she’s sitting in front of a computer screen in her family’s San […]
The post Ready for a ‘real’ college experience, transfer students find their hopes dashed appeared first on Black Voice News.
A suspected financier of the 1994 Rwandan genocide, Felicien Kabuga, made his first appearance at a UN court in The Hague on Wednesday after decades on the run.
Felicien Kabuga's a suspected financier of Rwanda’s 1994 genocide, which saw 800,000 people murdered, according to the UN.
Kabuga, now in his 80s, is accused of crimes against humanity including genocide.
UN prosecutors also accuse Kabuga of helping create a Hutu militia group and urging the killing of Tutsis through his media company.
He is also accused of helping to buy machetes in 1993 that were distributed to genocidal groups.
He denies the charges.
He is \"very tired,\" said his lawyer, Emmanuel Altit.
Kabuga, one of Rwanda's richest men was first indicted by the now-closed International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) two decades ago.
On the run
But he was not arrested until this year in May, near Paris.
He was transferred from France to The Hague in October.
The initial hearing before a pre-trial judge took place at the United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals, which has taken on cases left over from the ICTR.
Kabuga spent years on the run using a succession of false passports, with investigators saying that he had been helped by a network of former Rwandan allies to evade justice.
His lawyers argue he should be tried in France but France's top court ruled he should be moved to UN custody.
Kabuga was initially to be transferred to the UN court's facility in Arusha, Tanzania, which took over the ICTR's duties when it formally closed in 2015.
But a judge ruled he should first be taken to The Hague for a medical examination, and it was not immediately known when or if Kabuga might be transferred to Arusha.
[Nation] From Shashamane, a town in central Ethiopia, smugglers have created two routes to get bhang to Nairobi and authorities say they are boldly hauling huge consignments stashed in oil tankers.
COVID-19 has greater side effects than we once thought. A recent study revealed that folks who have been diagnosed with... View Article
The post 20 percent of recovered COVID-19 patients diagnosed with mental illness within 3 months appeared first on TheGrio.
Islamist militants in Mozambique have beheaded more than 50 people at a village in the northern part of the country, local media reports.
The attack was carried out by an Isis-linked group in the village of Muatide in conflict-ridden Cabo Delgado province, spanning several days.
A local news agency said the attackers set fire to several villages and gathered together people they had captured from nearby forests on a single football pitch. The victims were then decapitated and their bodies chopped to pieces, while women from the villages were abducted.
The gas-rich northern Mozambique region has witnessed several brutal attacks.
This involves killings by the Isis-affiliated local group Ahlu Sunnah Wa-Jamo, or simply al-Shabaab locally, though they have no relation to the better-known Somali group.
Past years have seen the likes of Hip-Hop superstars like Lil Wayne, Young Thug and Migos amongst many others, so it should be interesting to see what lineup Travis Scott has in mind for next year's installment.
Good morning, California. It’s Tuesday, November 10. Note: The newsletter will pause Wednesday in recognition of Veterans Day. I’ll be back in your inbox on Thursday. Health insurance on the line Today, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments in a case challenging the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare — […]
The post California leads fight to defend Obamacare appeared first on Black Voice News.
Newly appointed Leader of the Opposition Mark Golding sent a strong message to the Holness administration on Tuesday, warning that he would keep the Government in check and be fearless in reining in corruption and malfeasance. Golding, 55,...
Twilight Centers open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday through December 30 Milwaukee Recreation Twilight Centers, safe places for middle and high school students to spend time with friends, are observing updated hours. These hours will be in effect until December 30. The following high school locations (ages 12 – 18) will be open weekday evenings (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) […]
The post Milwaukee Recreation Provides Free Evening Programming for Teens appeared first on Milwaukee Community Journal.
ABC NewsBy MATT GUTMAN, IGANCIO TORRES, and ASHAN SINGH, ABC News (EL PASO, Texas) - Charlie Brown had spent years motivating his high school football team as their coach. But…
Ben Carson, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), has tested positive for the coronavirus, a HUD spokesperson said Monday, making him the second senior official who attended an election night event at the White House to contract the virus. Carson, who rose to political prominence when he ran against Donald Trump in 2016, […]
The post HUD Secretary Ben Carson positive for COVID-19 appeared first on Atlanta Tribune.
Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara met with a main opposition rival on Wednesday and promised to pursue talks aimed at calming a standoff over the October 31 election, which has ignited clashes killing scores of people.
Ouattara met with opposition candidate and former president Henri Konan Bedie in Abidjan.
The election handed Ouaterra a third term, which some say violates a two-term constitutional limit.
\"It was a first meeting... to break the ice and restore trust,\" said Ouattara.
\" And we agreed to meet again very soon to continue this dialogue, which has got off to a good start and mutual trust is restored.\"
Both Ouattara, 78, a nd Bedie said the meeting was an important first step but did not indicate that they had made any concessions.
Bedie, 86, said: “In the days and weeks ahead, we will call each other and meet so that the country becomes what it was before.”
Ouattara was declared victor of the election with more than 94 percent of the vote, which was boycotted by the main opposition.
Up to 85 people have been killed in the clashes that ensued after Ouattara decided to run for a third term.
More than 8,000 people have fled the country to seek refuge in neighbouring states, fearing the violence last seen after the 2010 election, which killed more than 3,000 people, could reignite.
While Donald Trump continues to make baseless claims of vote fraud following the elections, his successor Joe Biden is already at work as he announces a new COVID-19 task force to assist in the battle against the pandemic that has claimed lives in the U.S. Among those listed for the newly formed advisory board include...
The post Joe Biden's new pandemic task force is co-chaired by a Black woman, Marcella Nunez-Smith appeared first on Face2Face Africa.
Mongameli Bobani has died on Wednesday evening, his attorney confirmed. The UDM councillor - and one-time mayor in NMB - leaves a colourful legacy.
President Trump’s campaign seems determined to continue the unconscionable trend, as it has throughout the entire election season. He has initiated legal action to invalidate ballots in at least three of the four states where Black voters made the difference -- Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Georgia -- and in Nevada, where Latinos make up almost 30% of the population.
The post Black Lives, And Black Livelihoods Were At Stake In This Election appeared first on The Seattle Medium.
[Nation] Thebattle against female genital mutilation (FGM) in Marsabit County recently got a boost when Borana religious and traditional frontrunners asserted to crusade against the harmful practice.
LIMA, (Reuters) - The head of Peru’s Congress, Manuel Merino, was sworn in as the Andean nation’s president on Tuesday, and vowed that elections set for April would stand after lawmakers removed Martin Vizcarra on corruption charges.
The article Head of Peru’s Congress assumes presidency, vows to respect election timetable appeared first on Stabroek News.