Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Over 6,000 people united in solidarity, on Sunday, at the regional blood transfusion center of Marrakech, following the devastating earthquake in Morocco, according to local media.
The court enjoys global jurisdiction.
Investigators will now need the authorization of the court’s judges to open a probe. Bensouda appealed for support from Nigeria’s government.
She said the army has dismissed accusations against government troops after examining them.
Boko Haram strictly opposes formal education. In 2015, Nigeria enlisted the support of neighbors Chad, Cameroon and Niger to try and defeat the group.
While the joint operations made the group lose considerable territory, they have not been able to wipe it out.
The ICC has conducted investigations in several African countries. In Sudan, Libya and Ivory Coast, former leaders were indicted for genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity after the investigations.
Young South Africans are calling for tougher coronavirus measures as the country reports a spike in cases and declared a second wave.
On Wednesday, South Africa reported 6,700 new cases, the highest since August, bringing the total number of cases since the outbreak to over 800,000 with more than 22,000 deaths.
The situation is expected to worsen as the festive season begins, with many travelling and celebrating.
\"It's been a tough year, people want to party, but, you know, I think the government should put tighter restrictions on like gatherings because I see now the gatherings actually increased instead of decreased,\" said student Mohau Mkhabela.
\"I think there was a bit of a mistake, a bit of a blunder on their side.\"
South Africa’s new wave is likely to spike so quickly that it could overwhelm hospital capacities in some regions, warned the country’s health minister Zweli Mkhize.
\"This thing (COVID-19) was not moving as fast as it is right now, and I just think maybe it Eastern Cape, the hot spots, those four provinces, those that are called the hot spots, should be locked down and implemented level five lockdown,\" said Sinalo Madolo, an administrator.
\"That is the best situation going back to level five, because now people think everything is back to normal and they do not have their masks on.\"
No lockdown has been announced but last week president Cyril Ramaphosa announced a ban on alcohol sales and a curfew.
The government says young South Africans are the drivers of the new wave, as the largest number of new cases is in the 15-to-19 age group.
The spike has been blamed on a large number of young people attending parties, where they consume alcohol and do not wear masks or maintain a social distance.
BY REX MPHISA A BEITBRIDGE man, who allegedly beat his three-year-old step daughter to death because she was crying when he wanted to catch some sleep has been arrested. Matabeleland South acting police spokesperson Inspector Loveness Mangena yesterday confirmed that Mulaleli Sibanda had been nabbed. Sibanda sneaked out of hospital and went into hiding soon after staff at Beitbridge District Hospital pronounced the victim, Charmaine Moyo dead on arrival. “He is currently detained under guard at the Beitbridge District Hospital. He was arrested in Mberengwa and investigations are ongoing. He is expected in court soon,” Mangena said. On Wednesday last week, Sibanda was sleeping with his wife Phathisiwe Dube and the now-deceased Charmaine when she started crying. He woke up in rage, punched and kicked the toddler until she bled from the mouth, ears and nose. Sibanda then escorted the child and her mother to hospital, but later disappeared. He is also alleged to be a wanted man in Mberengwa for other crimes. In another matter, a gunman John Sithole of Chipinge who last week exchanged gun fire with the police in Dulivhadzimo has been given a pauper’s burial.
Wakanda appears to be invading the the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the number of Black people who are joining the various offerings coming in 2021 and 2022. In particular, two powerful actresses, Teyohah Parris and Wunmi Mosaku, are major parts of this current expansion of the MCU. Captain Marvel 2, set to release in November […]
The post Black women, Teyonah Parris and Wunmi Mosaku, join Marvel Cinematic Universe appeared first on DefenderNetwork.com.
Higher Coronavirus Infections and an Even Lower Death Rate
The Covid-19 pandemic hit Kenya in March with around 20,636 cases and 341 deaths reported at July's end. Figures significantly lower than those in Europe and the United States. However, recent testing is revealing that more Kenyans could be infected than initially believed.
Isabella Ochola-Oyier, the Head of the Biosciences department at Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) Wellcome Trust, explains the essence of the tests used in the study.
\"The PCR test tells you who has an active viral infection at the time, so who has the virus in their system. The antibody test tells you this person may have been affected in the recent past, may be infected or may have been exposed to the infection. That means they may have been in contact with somebody who was positive for SARS-CoV2.\"
Infected and Healthy
As per a study based on antibody tests on over 3,000 blood sample donors between April to mid-June, doctors state the real number of infected people went unnoticed because many may have been asymptomatic. Isabella Ochola-Oyier, further explains the studies' findings in real terms.
\"What we have been able to understand from the data we have been receiving for the COVID-19 testing because we support the six coastal counties in Kenya, was that a large proportion of the individuals earlier on in the pandemic asymptomatic which means they have the virus but don't show any clinical signs of just coughing or sneezing, or the standard signs that we know of. That means that they are roaming around in the population with the virus but not being sick and they are not aware that they have the virus.\"
Even Higher Recovery Rate
Kenya's low official infection rate could also be due to its young population of people who were more likely to be asymptomatic or have mild infections with relatively few hospitalisations as well as the strict containment measures and the limited PCR tests available. Ahmed Kalebi, the CEO and consultant pathologist at Pathologists Lancet Kenya, appears to corroborate how the findings have played out within Kenya society.
\"The infection is actually quite prevalent, not dissimilar to other countries in the world, the similarity. What is different is we are not seeing as much (many) people getting sick, getting admitted (to the hospital) and dying compared to the other countries which had similar prevalence in terms of the infection.\"
The study has not tested whether the antibodies generated in the sample population has resulted in immunity against future infections.
L-R, Randy Russell FHSP’s president, Carl Lavender, Jr., chief equity officer of FHSP and Gloria Johnson-Cusack, senior advisor to the president of Florida International University BY FRANK DROUZAS, Staff Writer ST. PETERSBURG - The Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg (FHSP) held the Pinellas Race Leadership Council's inaugural meeting on Dec. 1. Aims of the Zoom […]
ZANU PF should be blamed for the Budiriro house demolitions. The land barons who sold those stands to home-seekers are known ruling party activists. It is impossible for anyone to claim ownership of land unless they are connected to people in high offices. There are many legalities involved. The COVID-19 movement restriction law imposed in March, 2020 is a legality. The January court judgment which deemed the Budiriro houses illegal is not the only legality, otherwise how were these people supposed to vacate their settlements under lockdown? Right now, hundreds of houses have been demolished, but travel/movement restrictions are still in place. Zupco is still the only public transport available. And the rainy season. The move is grossly inhumane. The city council itself cannot claim higher moral ground on the issue of these urban illegal settlements. The council has the habit of leaving land barons developing illegal land, then impose the corrective measure of Operation Murambatsvina on residents years later. When did the city council discover these settlements? They were developed right under their nose. Even the notorious land barons are a product of council graft. These moves always stink of political agendas. But we have a national health emergency! Let us not be funny. Mambara