Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Egypt is moving to prevent a mass exodus of Palestinians from Gaza, as Israel's bombardment of the strip continued on Wednesday.
Nationwide protests have taken place since October 7 despite the disbanding of the controversial Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) police unit.
The demonstrators have been accused of attacking police stations and personnel.
The rallies which are mostly attended by young people have become avenues to vent against corruption and unemployment.
Rights groups say at least 15 people have been killed the demonstrations began in early October.
Applying and experimenting with makeup can be a fun and creative experience but for people of diverse ethnicities, it can be disheartening.
For years they have raised concerns about the lack of beauty products for darker skin.
One Zimbabwean born make up artist in Australia is now inspiring younger women to speak out,
\"I think unfortunately often, we are only seeing one shade, or one race being represented all the time,\" said make-up artist Rumbidzai Mudzengi.
\"A lot of the time, it starts to feel like there's no place for us, and I want young people to realise that there is a space for you,\"
\"If you're going to serve someone, you need to do it all the way and you need to cater for everyone, it's really that simple, that's why you get into business.\"
The women say a common problem is with big brand retailers, who mostly cater to light and medium skin tones.
\"Sometimes it's just harder to find the right place that sells the right foundation and stuff for my skin,\"said ons young woman. Another said it \"added to the feeling of being isolated, a bit I guess unwelcome to some degree. The fact that I had to go to special stores just to find my shade, it was a bit of an inconvenience for me.\"
It means they often have to do more research on the products and go to specialised shops
but new brands have recently emerged such as Fenty, by the singer Rihanna.
Other well-established brands such as Mac and Make Up For Ever are also developing new ranges for all skin tones.
But there is still a long road to go.
While make up retailers in many cities say they offer a wide variety of products.
In practice, some young women with dark skin say they have had to go to specialized shops which are often more expensive.
By JAKE COYLE AP Film Writer NEW YORK (AP) — Netflix on Monday previewed George C. Wolfe's August Wilson adaptation 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom,' showcasing Chadwick Boseman's final performance opposite Viola Davis' powerhouse blues singer. The film, shot last year, was already one of the year's most anticipated, coming as the next chapter in Denzel Washington's ongoing project to turn Wilson's plays into films, following 2016's Oscar-winning 'Fences.' But since the unexpected death in August of 43-year-old Boseman from colon cancer, 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom' has taken on a elegiac aura. Boseman's performance has been said to be among the […]
The post Netflix previews 'Ma Rainey' and Boseman's final performance appeared first on Black News Channel.
guest column:Solomon Mutambara/ Delphine Serumaga THIS year marks 25 years since the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action which set out 12 critical areas of action aimed at removing the systemic barriers that hold women back from equal participation in all areas of life. While progress has been made in broadening socio-economic opportunities for women and affirming their rights in the Constitution, challenges remain. Indeed available evidence of the socio-economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic is showing a deepening of inequalities and persistent violations of the rights of women and girls, and further exposes acutely disadvantageous conditions that make women more vulnerable to withstand the effects of natural disasters. There are reported increases in cases of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and financial distress due to the informal and survivalist nature of economic activity women are involved in. Much is required to ensure policies and strategies are addressing these gaps, to ensure resilience and recovery by women in both urban and rural areas. Thus, as the world commemorates International Day of Rural Women, this is an ideal opportunity to reflect on their crucial role in agriculture, food security and nutrition, and management of pandemics at the community level Fifty-six percent of communal farmers in Zimbabwe are rural women. Restrictions in movement in response to the spread of coronavirus exposed a lot of rural women to limitations in participating in this sector, yet they play a significant role in agricultural value-chains, but rarely go beyond subsistence production. A gender assessment of COVID-19 and the countrywide lockdown carried out by UN Women Zimbabwe revealed that women reported an increased burden in taking care of children, performing household chores among other routine duties they have at household and community levels. In addition, the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF) Outcome Monitoring Survey Programme Learning Report revealed that young female-headed households are particularly vulnerable to shocks and stresses, as their mobility and livelihood options are limited to caring for younger siblings in the home. The key constraints to resilience for women because of COVID-19 range from time poverty, lack of access to healthcare, reduced access to scarce resources and lack of information. Before the advent of COVID-19 pandemic, rural women were already struggling in regard to enhancement of their livelihood options due to, among others, insufficient infrastructure and services in rural areas. ZRBF recognises that rural women’s exposure and sensitivity to pandemics are exacerbated by existing gender dynamics at household and community level. Thus, UN Women Zimbabwe through the generation equality campaign is calling for strengthening of rural women’s sustainable livelihoods and wellbeing. Investment in rural women is a means of attaining food security and empowering women and girls as they move from subsistence agriculture to becoming active participan
The rapper aims to effect change for future generations, recently partnering with neobank company Chime in a national effort to help the youth; details inside.
Time is ticking for your organization’s GOTV campaign. These tips let you leverage a powerful tool to drive member retention, donations, and build…
As votes are being counted in Ivory Coast's tense presidential election opposition candidate Kouadio Konan Bertin has called for peace.
\"There have been too many deaths in this country, too much blood spilled on the soil of Félix Houphouët-Boigny,\" the presidential hopeful said.
Voter turnout was low, according to several media reports, as incumbent President Alassane Ouattara's bid for a contested third term sparked violent clashes even before the poll opened.
Official data for voter turnout has yet to be announced.
Electoral coup d'état
Two of the four candidates, Henri Konan Bédié and Pascal Affi N’Guessan, called for a boycott and urged \"civil disobedience\".
\"The vast majority of our compatriots have been very reluctant to participate in the operation that Alassane Ouattara attempted today,\" said N'Guessan-
\"His constitutional and electoral coup d'état was a failure.\"
Ouattara, 78, was supposed to step aside after his second term to make way for a younger generation, but the sudden death of his chosen successor led to a change in plan.
The Ivorian leader says a constitutional court ruling approved his third term, allowing him to bypass two-term presidential limits after a 2016 legal reform.
Bedie, 86, and other opposition leaders accuse the electoral commission and the constitutional court of favouring the government, making a fair and transparent vote impossible.
The constitutional court rejected 40 other candidacies, including those of former president Gbagbo, 75, and former rebel leader turned prime minister Guillaume Soro.
Education Minister Priya Manickchand yesterday announced that public schools will be reopening their doors from November 9th to hold classes for students of grades 10, 11 and 12 and she assured that COVID-19 best practices would be in place to ensure the safety of both teachers and their charges.
The article Public schools reopening November 9th for grades 10, 11 and 12 appeared first on Stabroek News.
The Ministry of Health yesterday said that three more persons who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have died.
The article Three more Region Four women die of COVID, 31 new cases appeared first on Stabroek News.
BY FORTUNE MBELE WARRIORS' strikers plying their trade across the globe put up good performances over the weekend, bringing good news for coach Zdravko Logarusic ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations clashes against Algeria next month. Skipper Knowledge Musona was on target in his side KAS Eupen's 2-0 Belgian Pro League away victory over R Excel Mouscorn on Sunday. He scored the opener two minutes after the break with defender Jonathan Heris scoring the second Musona played the full 90 minutes. Khama Billiat provided two assists for Yagan Sasman who notched a brace inside two minutes in the second half for Kaizer Chiefs to proceed to the semi-finals of the MTN8 at the expense of Maritzburg United. Chiefs clash with Orlando Pirates in the semi-finals after the Buccaneers sailed through courtesy of a solitary goal by Terrence Dzvukamanja. Dzvukamanja scored on debut after signing for the Buccaneers last month following the sale of Bidvest Wits' franchise. France-based Tino Kadewere scored his first goal for Ligue 1 side Olympique Lyonnais who beat Strasbourg 3-2 away at the Stade la Meinau on Sunday. In England, striker Macauley Bonne's championship side Queens Park Rangers played a goalless draw away to Bournemouth at Dean Court in which the Warriors' forward played the full game. Defender Jordan Zemura, who is also being monitored by Logarusic sat on the bench for Bournemouth. Last Thursday, Tanzania-based Prince Dube scored his sixth goal in six games as his side Azam FC beat Mwadui 3-0 in a Vodacom Premier League match. The former Highlanders striker is leading the scorers' chart with Azam ahead of the pack on the log-standings. Midfielder Marvelous Nakamba watched from the bench as his English Premier League side Aston Villa be at Leicester City 1-0 at King Power Stadium on Sunday. Also sitting it out on the bench was defender Teenage Hadebe as his Turkish Super Lig side Yeni Malatyaspor played a 1-1 draw with Konyaspor on Saturday. Marshall Munetsi, a regular at French Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims, was not part of the squad that lost 3-1 to Lorient at home on Saturday.
BY MOSES MATENGA THE ruling Zanu PF and opposition MDC Alliance yesterday said they were going ahead with preparations for by-elections despite the recent poll ban imposed by Vice-President Constantino Chiwenga. In announcing the ban, Chiwenga, who doubles as Health minister, cited COVID-19 fears, but his decision has been widely dismissed with the World Health Organisation last week saying elections could still be safely held as long as authorities enforce certain safety measures. Some voters have challenged the ban in court, with constitutional law experts saying they stood a greater chance of winning the case. At the weekend, both parties were in the trenches holding primary elections in various parts of the country, saying they were confident the ban would be reversed soon. Several constituencies are without representation in Parliament after Thokozani Khupe recalled 32 MDC Alliance MPs accusing them of defecting from her MDC-T party. Zanu PF national commissar Victor Matemadanda said his party was on the ground for any eventuality, insisting that the people needed representation “at all times”. “The ban doesn’t have anything to do with the preparation because COVID-19 will come to an end and elections will be there, but meanwhile, people want service, so we can’t have a time we say politics is on leave in a constituency where there are people,” Matemadanda said. “Therefore, we are preparing until elections are called for so we remain prepared.” Zanu PF held primary elections in Epworth where Kudakwashe Damson emerged victorious. This was the second primary election after Chiwenga’s declaration, with the one held in Kwekwe Central to replace the late National Patriotic Front MP Masango Matambanadzo being aborted due to intra-party violence. The Epworth seat fell vacant following the recall of MDC Alliance MP Ethenrige Kureva by Khupe. The MDC Alliance also held primary elections in Kuwadzana to choose a candidate to replace Miriam Mushayi who passed on in September. Party secretary-general Chalton Hwende said the ban was unconstitutional and by-elections would be held anytime. “We held a primary election for Kuwadzana where we lost Honourable Mushayi. We are not doing primary elections for the recalled MPs because we have maintained that the move was unconstitutional,” Hwende said. Hwende is one of the 32 MPs recalled by the MDC-T. “We have maintained that the ban on by-elections is unconstitutional and Parliament has weighed in and also stated that it is unconstitutional. “We insist the law must be upheld and that is why we are busy preparing and also Zanu PF is preparing because they know that they cannot violate the Constitution. Zanu PF is also holding primary elections and it means they are preparing for elections anytime.” Last month, Chiwenga announced postponement of the by-elections indefinitely before Speaker of Parliament Jacob Mudenda told Parliament on Thursday that Statutory Instrument 225A of 2020 had been deemed unconstitutional by the Parliamentary Legal Committee. He, however, appeared to make a
JUNCTION, St Elizabeth - The novel coronavirus pandemic has caused serious dislocation of students and teachers, but BB Coke High School remains committed to eventually becoming a school of choice in south/central Jamaica. School Principal Evadney Ledgister told the Jamaica Observer last Wednesday that in prior years the school was underrated, but that the institution's academic performance has been streadily improving.