Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
BY REX MPHISA A ZIMBABWEAN man has appeared in a South African court to answer allegations of killing his three-year-old son following a domestic dispute. Dzingirai Tapera (27) of Zaka, who is a migrant worker at Buiver Lodge Farm, allegedly used a pair of scissors to stab the toddler on the neck. He appeared at the Tzaneen Magistrates Court on April 13 2021 facing a murder charge. It is understood that Tapera had a misunderstanding with his wife who then threatened that she was leaving him and return to Zimbabwe. He left his workplace and went home where he allegedly committed the brutal murder. His wife, Rejoice Dzingirai reported the matter to the police, leading to his arrest. The now-deceased was found with stab wounds on his throat, according to information supplied by Limpopo province police spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo. Follow us on Twitter @NewsDayZimbabwe
The post Father kills son (3) in domestic dispute appeared first on NewsDay Zimbabwe.
In May, Burundi held a presidential election which was won by Evariste Ndayishimiye, candidate of the ruling National Council for the Defense of Democracy - Forces for the Defense of Democracy (CNDD-FDD) party.
Ndayishimiye was hurriedly sworn in after the untimely death of president Pierre Nkurunziza in June.
Rights violations continue
The Council encouraged donor countries which had suspended aid to Burundi to continue dialogue towards resumption of development assistance.
A report by a UN watchdog in September said human rights violations were still being committed in Burundi, including sexual violence and murder.
The country was plunged into a crisis in April 2015 when Ndayishimiye’s predecessor Pierre Nkurunziza decided to run for a controversial third term, which he ultimately won in July 2015.
His candidature, which was opposed by the opposition and civil society groups, resulted in a wave of protests, violence and even a failed coup in May 2015.
Hundreds of people were killed and over 300,000 fled to neighboring countries.
By Associated Press Undefined LOS ANGELES (AP) — California authorities sent a cellphone text alert Tuesday to two major regions of the nation's most populous state to tell millions that the coronavirus is spreading rapidly and asking them to stay home except for essential activities. The noon blast to the state-designated 11-county Southern California region and 12-county San Joaquin Valley region was sent by the state Office of Emergency Services. The text also urged people to wear masks and physically distance. Both regions came under increased restrictions this week after the capacity of hospital intensive care units dropped below 15%. […]
The post California uses text alert to warn millions of virus spread appeared first on Black News Channel.
HURUNGWE Rural District Council has been slapped in the face after the Labour Court threw out its application for leave to appeal at the Supreme Court in a case in which three top council executives were fired for misconduct. BY RICHARD MUPONDE/NHAU MANGIRAZI The HRDC had fired the trio comprising chief executive, Joram Moyo, finance officer, Karol Mutenga and another officer Jackson Mashinge for corruption, after they had been arrested by the police and taken to court on the said charges. However, the trio approached the Labour Court seeking a review of the disciplinary proceedings and an order nullifying its dismissal arguing that the local authority did not follow the code of conduct. Labour Court judge, Justice Lawrence Murasi allowed the appeal by the trio, saying the local authority did not follow its code of conduct hence it should conduct a fresh hearing. The court also ordered the reinstatement of the trio. Hurungwe RDC then filed an application before the same judge for leave of appeal to the Supreme Court against Murasi‘s judgment, arguing that the higher court could arrive at a different decision on the same facts. In his ruling of November 20, Murasi said Hurungwe RDC’s application had no prospects of success at the higher court. “. . . Applicant ‘feels’ the Supreme Court is likely to come to a different conclusion on the same facts. No prospects of success exist in the circumstances and the application ought to be dismissed and costs must follow cause. It, the result, the application for leave to appeal to the Supreme Court be and is hereby dismissed for lack of merit. Applicant to meet respondents’ costs,” Murasi ruled. The trio was fired following its conviction on charges of misconduct. Murasi said Moyo, Mutenga and Mashinge were not suspended in terms of the local authority’s code of conduct. But the suspension was premised on the criminal charges they faced at Chinhoyi Magistrates Court. Follow us on Twitter@NewsDayZimbabwe
[allAfrica] As of December 8, the confirmed cases of Covid-19 from 55 African countries have reached 2,273,762. Reported deaths in Africa have reached 54,118 and recoveries 1,936,835.
Last week, when the governor announced the impending shutdown, he said health officials had carved the state into five regions. Their goal is to coordinate a broad emergency response that would reach across county lines and consider the proximity and capacity of health services within each area based on population and density. Those regions are: Northern California; Greater Sacramento; Bay Area; San Joaquin; and Southern California.
The Champions League game between Paris Saint-Germain and Basaksehir will resume on Wednesday after it was postponed when players walked off the pitch on Tuesday after allegations that a match official used a racist term when identifying a Black assistant coach.
Players from the Turkish team alleged fourth official Sebastian Coltescu used a racial term to describe their assistant coach Pierre Webo, who is from Cameroon, before he was sent off by the referee.
Basaksehir substitute Demba Ba demanded that the fourth official explain himself and signalled for his teammates to walk off.
The French team followed them off the field.
PSG players Neymar and Kylian Mbappe also demanded an explanation. Basaksehir coach Okan Buruk said “you are racist” to Coltescu.
The score was 0-0 when the incident took place about 14 minutes into the match.
UEFA said on Twitter:\"Racism, and discrimination in all its forms, has no place within football,\" adding, an investigation would be opened and that the match would resume on Wednesday evening with new officials.
What was said?
Television footage captured the exchange between the fourth official and the referee, with Coltescu telling Hategan that Webo should be reprimanded for his behavior on the sidelines:
“Go and give it (the red card) to the Black one, this is not possible (tolerable), go and identify him, go verify, the Black one over there,” Coltescu allegedly said, in Romanian, about Webo.
Webo was enraged and was heard to repeat at least six times “Why you say negro?” as he sought an explanation from Coltescu.
Webo, who was visibly distressed, then added: “He can’t say negro, he can’t say negro.”
At this point, Ba could be heard also questioning what Coltescu had said.
“Why is the fourth official saying ‘negro?’” Ba said twice.
Moments later, Ba then came off the bench and stood in front of Coltescu and said: “Why when you mention a Black guy, you have to say ‘This Black guy?’”
What has been the reaction?
The Istanbul team said Webo was \"exposed to racist behaviour\".
PSG forward Kylian Mbappe tweeted: \"Say no to racism. Webo we are with you.\"
Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the president of Turkey, said he believed Uefa would \"take the necessary steps\".
\"We are unconditionally against racism and discrimination in sports and in all areas of life,\" he wrote on Twitter.