Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
In an effort to stimulate the country’s vaccination levels, the Supreme Ventures Group has announced its new Vax...
A November 26 letter from the presidency asked the head of Uganda's national drug authority to 'work out a mechanism' to clear the importation of the vaccines.
China has about five COVID-19 vaccine candidates at different levels of trials. It was not clear what vaccine was being imported into Uganda.
One of the frontrunners is the Sinopharm vaccine developed by the Beijing Institute of Biological Product, a unit of Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
On Wednesday, the United Arab Emirates said the vaccine has 86% efficacy, citing an interim analysis of late-stage clinical trials.
China has used the drug to vaccinate up to a million people under its emergency use program.
On Tuesday, Morocco said it was ordering up to 10 million doses of the vaccine.
Record cases
Uganda on Monday registered 701 new COVID-19 cases, the highest-ever daily increase, bringing its national count to 23,200.
The new cases were out of the 5,578 samples tested for the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the country's health ministry said in a statement.
Tuesday's tally was 606, the second-highest ever number of new infections, bringing the cumulative number of confirmed cases in the east African country to 23,860.
Health authorities have blamed ongoing election campaigns which have drawn huge crowds for the rise in infections.
In the wake of recent reports of positive COVID-19 cases at the Golden Age Home in Kingston, the St James Municipal Corporation has stepped up protocols at the St James Infirmary, which it manages. Since the first case of COVID-19 on the island in...
With a worrying rise in the number of Jamaicans contracting COVID-19 in the last week, prospective election candidates who plan to crank up their political machinery in a show of strength today – nomination day – are being warned that campaign...
[Independent (Kampala)] Kampala, Uganda -- Lawmakers have adopted a report by the Parliamentary Task Force on the National Covid-19 Response calling on the Auditor General to carry out a forensic audit into all Covid-19 expenditures to ascertain value for money.
[Monitor] Government has suspended the 9pm to 5:30am curfew time restriction for buses and taxis that travel upcountry to aid the movement of learners who are stuck in parks.
BUSINESSES ARE ASKED TO NOTE THAT TESTING CONTACTS PREMATURELY AND INSTRUCTING THEM TO RETURN TO WORK MAY CREATE AN UNSAFE WORKPLACE.
Chief Medical Officer in the Ministry of Health and Wellness Dr Jacquiline Bisasor-McKenzie says the Ministry is working to address issues with COVID-19 testing.\tBisasor-McKenzie has indicated that there has been a drop in testing over the past few...
Maputo — Health staff have diagnosed dozens of cases of the Covid-19 respiratory disease in the northern Mozambican province of Nampula, so that Nampula is now the province with the second largest number of cases.
As for the other new cases, three are women from Maputo city, two are men from Maputo province, and one is a man from Palma district in Cabo Delgado.
This is not simply because Nampula is the most populous province in the country, but because it has the highest rate of positive cases (that is, the number of positive cases expressed as a percentage of the number of people tested).
Asked if there is any relationship between the Nampula cases and those in the neighbouring province of Cabo Delgado, Samo Gudo said it was too early to draw any conclusions, and more research is needed.
A breakdown of known cases up until Tuesday by province gives the following results: Cabo Delgado, 146; Nampula, 61; Maputo City, 52; Maputo Province, 22; Sofala, 12; Tete, four; Inhambane, three; Gaza, three; Zambezia, two; Manica, one; Niassa, one.
CARPHA ADVISES THAT HIGH CONCENTRATIONS OF SAHARAN DUST WILL AFFECT THE REGION OVER THE NEXT TWO DAYS.
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe, who has been giving routine updates on the pandemic, said the suspected case was a Kenyan who had travelled to Nairobi from the United States through London.
On the other hand, COVID-19 hotspots such as Nairobi, Mandera, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale counties were placed under restricted lockdown, which limited the movement of people in and out of these regions.
COVID-19 hotspots such as Nairobi, Mandera, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale counties were placed under restricted lockdown, which limited the movement of people in and out of these regions.
In what appears to be a show of a lack of focus, seriousness and leadership in confronting the COVID-19 pandemic, the health ministry on 29 May noted that at least 140 people who had tested positive for coronavirus provided incorrect contact information, an issue it said was \"very serious\" as these people \"were roaming around\", spreading the deadly virus.
A week ago, a section of leaders criticised the Cabinet Secretary for engaging in what they termed a public relations exercise in Nairobi even as county governments faced drugs and human resources shortages amid the pandemic.
The Ministry of Health says that as of 6 pm today, one other person who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has died.
The article Three Region Four men die of COVID-19, death toll at 85 appeared first on Stabroek News.
THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ACTIVE CASES IS 72.
The Ministry of Health yesterday said that three more persons who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have died, including two from Region Nine.
The article Three more COVID deaths, 123 new cases appeared first on Stabroek News.
THE VACCINATION SITE AT THE PHILLIP MARCELLIN GROUNDS HAS MOVED TO THE BEANFIELD SECONDARY SCHOOL.
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH ALSO REPORTS ONE NEW COVID-19 DEATH.
Following the confirmation of a positive COVID-19 test for one of its employees at the Duke Street branch in downtown Kingston, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB) has closed the location until further notice.\t“We took the decision...
[Citizen] Dar es Salaam -- Top officials at the Ministry of Health will have a daunting task if the government adopts the recommendations of the team of experts that was set up by President Samia Suluhu Hassan to advise the government on the best approach to take in its war against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Kenya Primary School Heads Association (Kepsha) chairperson Nicholas Gathemia in a presentation to the Covid-19 Education Response Committee chaired by Dr Sara Ruto also want national examinations be rescheduled to later dates when candidates are adequately prepared.
The team will advise the Cabinet Secretary on ways of on-boarding students or pupils when the schools re-open as well as document all Covid-19 related matters, lessons learnt and recommendations for future preparedness.
It will also advise the Cabinet Secretary on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the demand for education by poor households and suggest mitigation measures as well as on health and safety measures to be put in place for the pupils or students, teachers and entire school community.
Other members of the team are; Chairman, Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association Indimuli Kahi, Chairman, Kenya Primary Schools Heads Association Nicholas Gathemia, CEO, Kenya Private Schools Association Peter Ndoro and Chairman, Kenya Parents Association Nicholas Maiyo.
Also in the team are Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops Augustine Muthigani, Kenya Association for Independent International Schools Jane Mwangi, National Council of Churches of Kenya's Nelson Makanda, Muslim Education Council's Sheikh Munawar Khan, Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) Secretary General Akelo Misori and Chairman, Kenya Special Schools Heads Association Peter Sitienei.
THE work of the National Council for Senior Citizens (NCSC) — the umbrella organisation which provides support to senior citizens — was enhanced by a contribution of $1 million, thanks to Jamaica National Group.
Claudine Allen, member ombudsman of Jamaica National Group and team lead for the JN Circle, said Jamaica National Group was happy to make a donation to the council.
“Our senior citizens are one of the most vulnerable groups being directly affected by COVID-19.
The executive director stated that the NCSC continues to work with the Ministry of Health and Wellness to craft messages that seniors can understand, and they work with the volunteers, on the ground, to pass on these relevant messages.
She also pointed out that the National Health Fund has been in communities providing support in filling prescriptions for seniors, and that corporate entities such as supermarkets have been delivering food items.
Ministry of Health Principal Secretary Dr. Dan Namarika and the members of the Presidential Taskforce on Covid-19 welcomed the deportees upon arrical at KIA.
\"These are our brothers and we want them to feel at home by taking care of them with a good place where they can rest as we are waiting for their Coronavirus tests to be conducted,\" Namarika said.
In his remarks Deputy Director for Disaster, Response and Recovery in the Ministry of Disaster Management Affairs and Public Events, Dyce Nkhoma, said government has, through the Ministry, provided blankets and food for the deportees.
\"As ministry we have identified a place for these people to stay and we are also giving them food, soap and two blankets for each one of them,\" Nkhoma said.
He added that government will make sure that they are well taken care of until everyone reaches their homes safe.
The ministry of health has now shifted its focus to the country's borders that have become high risk areas where coronavirus transmissions are taking place.
Dr Mwangangi said this is due to human interactions on both sides of the country's border and especially the porous borders.
Our porous borders are the ones that have become the latest high risk areas with the transmission of the disease,\" Dr Mwangangi said.
On Wednesday, the ministry of health referred back 25 Tanzanians at the Namanga and Isebania borders after testing positive for the novel coronavirus.
The Health CAS also intimated her ministry continued to witness a trend of emerging and increasing positive cases from the border counties.
\tPrime Minister Andrew Holness on Monday night announced adjustments to Jamaica's COVID-19 containment measures.\tHowever, people 65 years and over must remain at home except where they must go out for the necessities of life....
NAIROBI, June 9 (Xinhua) -- Kenya's Ministry of Health on Wednesday launched the Kenya Mental Health Action Plan (2021-2025) to promote mental health among citizens. Mercy Mwangangi, chief administrative secretary in the Ministry of Health said the action plan provides a framework for the national, county governments and other key…
[New Times] The Rwanda National Police (RNP) medical services in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC) have started mass awareness and testing of Police officers for Covid-19 as part of the national efforts to prevent further spread and combat the pandemic in the country.